Pmove_fixed 1 explained

• admin

Pmove_Fixed 1

The effects and compatibility of fixed player movement

Better known as pmove_fixed "1", this command exists to give every player the same advantage of the movement. It gives the same advantage as stable 125 FPS (frames per second) which is a slightly lower gravity. Example; If a player wants to jump on top of a box but is 1mm short on the jump, he should try enabling 125 FPS. If the FPS is unstable, then he needs to enable fixed player movement to get on top of the box. Unstability of FPS is very common sight with older computers which can be improved in many ways, however that is a whole different subject.

Good to know

• 43, 76, 125, and 333 are the best FPS values for trickjumping
    • com_maxfps "value" limits the FPS to what player chooses
    • cg_drawfps "1" enables the FPS-calculator on the player HUD
    • 333 FPS gives the lowest possible gravity and the highest recoil
    • 500 FPS gives the highest possible gravity
    • 71 FPS gives the lowest recoil
    • While using pmove you don't get any of the side effects related to com_maxfps

Compatibility with other commands

Fixed player movement is not always advantageous, in fact, it can be considered as a disadvantage with usage of any weapon that has recoil. The spread is larger as well as the recoil of the weapons which causes the bullets to not hit where they are supposed to hit. This is one of the reasons why many if not all competition leagues use ETPro mod where the player moves can be fixed with one serverside command, b_fixedphysics "1". With this the normal advantage is a little bit lower, but still effective. No matter what settings players have, they all jump as high as everyone else. This concludes few FPS values such as 500 FPS which gives highest gravity in the game.

Example how fixed player movement affect weapons

Sniper (long range)

• pmove + 43 or lower fps = every bullet misses
    • pmove + 90 or around fps = half of the bullets miss
    • pmove + 125 or higher fps = every bullet hits
    • no pmove + any fps = every bullet hits

Users

Topics

• @12thmonkey Hello, I hope you had a good weekend!
    I was quite busy, sorry for the delay, enjoy!! 🙂

read more

@Annihil Hey there, just donated - looking forward to being added! Thanks!

read more
  • @thecocain It might be because of the trial version limit! 😅

read more
  • T

can any tell me why my et is closing after 1-2 mins or even less?:(

read more